Tuesday 25 November 2014

Putting Together a Hamper for a Baby Shower







This is the first time I have ever put together a basket or a hamper to gift for a soon-to-be-mum on her baby shower. I have never even been to a baby shower before, and this is my first pregnant friend so I am super excited for when the little one is born.
I really wanted to put together a hamper type gift with an array of small-but-useful items, but I didn't really know what to include. I knew that I wanted to buy things which would last the little one longer than the first 3 Months: so I bought a few items which are suited for 6 Months plus. 
I had trawled the internet before-hand looking for ideas of what to buy. I asked my family for some advice too, and they all said to buy things like nappies, creams and wipes - the things that the parents will definitely need and are a complete essential. I also asked on social media for some ideas, which were really helpful. 
I tried to put this together on a budget, and I think I did quite well considering the amount of items inside the basket.

Here's a list of what I included in the basket:

- Medium Sized Basket
- Little Angels Baby Soap
- Little Angels Baby Lotion
- Little Angels Head To Toe Wash
- Baby Blanket
- Tommee Tippee Essentials Beaker
Tommee Tippee 6 Feeding Spoons
-Set of Two Mam Dummies
- Boots Baby Fragrance Free Soft Cloth Wipes
- Boots Baby New Born Supersoft and Gentle Nappies
- Pack of Two Applique Bibs
- 3 Piece Set; including Bodysuit, Hat and Mittens
- Pack of Three Long Sleeve Sleep-suits
- 3 Pack of Baby-grows 
- Personalised Plaque

A few other great ideas I found but didn't include in this hamper were teething powder, bath toys, nappy bags, nappy cream, cotton wool, talc, baby sponges, muslin towels, thermometer, changing mat. 
If I ever put together another hamper like this again, I will be sure to include some of those.
The best places I found toiletries and accessories were supermarkets and bargain shops. Most of them had baby sections so items were really easy to find.
To complete the hamper, I used an array of ribbon and wrapped around film to make it look more presentable.
Have you ever put together a hamper for someone before?

2 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely amazing! It looks like something you would go out and buy. Really good items in there too, Good work!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made a hamper (well, I made one once which was a raffle prize), but my old boss makes the loveliest hampers for new mums. She's a right dab hand at making nappy cakes and sock bouquets.
    Rubi | The Den

    ReplyDelete