Friday 7 August 2015

Afernoon Tea at Bettys, York


Recently I visited York for the Day whilst I was up North visiting family. I have always loved afternoon tea and I am into anything like that, so we decided to head to Betty's.
You may have recently read my guest post from Georgina here, where she lists her favourite locations for afternoon tea in the UK. She included Betty's so I knew it must be a good place to go.





We chose afternoon tea for two, which consisted of; smoked salmon and cream cheese, roast Yorkshire ham, roast free-range chicken breast and egg mayonnaise & cress sandwiches, a sultana scone with strawberry preserve and Yorkshire clotted cream each, a selection of hand-crafted miniature cakes, and of-course a pot of Tea Room Blend tea. We also had a glass of homemade raspberry lemonade too as it was quite a warm Day, so we wanted a refreshing cold drink as well as tea. 

The food quite simply tasted amazing. Everything tasted fresh and I really enjoyed it all. The sandwiches were tasty, the cream tea was surprisingly filling and the strawberry preserve was sweet and delicious. The miniature cakes were really tasty too, and it was nice to have a selection of cakes to try. Next time I will definitely be bringing some cakes home with me.

If you love tea and cakes and enjoy afternoon tea, I think Bettys is a great place to go just for the experience. I probably wouldn't go too often as it is a real treat, but I would definitely recommend it for a nice day out. The staff are extremely friendly and the customer service really is fantastic. 

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try Betty's, as I go to York and Harrogate quite often, where they are and it always looks devine. I will definitely have to book in soon, as your post makes it sound lovely :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! :) x

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete