Tuesday 3 December 2013

Mac Pro LongWear Lipcreme in Goes and Goes

MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Goes and Goes

Like most bloggers, I like to try out different products by different brands when experimenting with shades I may not be brave enough to wear all the time. I adore the look of purple lipstick, but I wasn't sure if it would suit me, if it would look too bright against my pale skin, or what shade of purple would look right. A couple of Months ago I headed to an outlet shoping centre and found a little shelf of MAC products in the CCO.

This lipstick I picked out is a Pro Longwear Lipcreme in Goes and Goes. As far as I am aware, this is no longer available and is not in their current lipstick line. I know this product is not readily available like others in the current line, but you may be able to pick it up at a CCO, online or even a blog sale or charity shop, you never know.

I have to be honest and say that this does feel a little sticky once applied onto the lips. It also feels drying after a while on the lips, nothing a good lip balm can't sort out, but it is a little dissapointing seeing as it is a MAC product, a relatively high end make up brand which I expected a little more quality from, especially from a Pro Longwear Lipcreme, which are notibly more expensive than their normal lipsticks. The pigmentation and colour pay off is fantastic though. It is quite a blue toned purple, which does look quite pink based upon first application, but looks much brighter once built up and applied more. It lasts a good four hours on the lips before wearing off into a pink stain, I think it has a decent staying power, but I wouldn't agree that it is long lasting as the lipstick collection name would suggest. Beautiful colour nonetheless!

What are your thoughts on a purple lip?


2 comments:

  1. I still dont own a single mac lipstick, mostly cause the only ones i'm interested in seem to be limited edition, d'oh >.< This color is one of those I wish I could get my hands on xD I think you could get away with this, especially if it's very pink before layering :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is very purple! Looks great against your skintone! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete