Tuesday 12 March 2013

Confessions of a Blogger Tag.




When did you start your blog?

I started writing my blog in December 2011 just after Christmas! I have been blogging now for about a year and three months which is crazy.

How long does it take you to edit/write a post?

It completely depends on the post - my 'Tips On How To Get Brilliant Bargains' and 'Guide To Sales Shopping' took a lot of time, around a month-two months on and off, so thats probably the longest time I have spent editing a post. Generally speaking though, if I am writing a review on a product it will take 2 or 3 hours (I am rubbish at writing so I am constantly going back to change my errors and bad grammar!).

Have you had any past online presence before? (blog, YouTube)

I have never had a blog before. I had a freewebs website back in the day (anyone remember that!)  and numerous piczo websites which I constantly edited and updated. I loved making these little websites. I have always loved to take photographs even from a young age (before it was the cool thing to do!), and I loved having my own little space to make look pretty and write about things voluntarily and through choice of my own, so I guess I can see why I enjoy blogging as much as I do now.

Why did you start a blog?

I enjoyed reading blogs and I was after a hobby. I read blogs for a good while before hand and just sort of decided one day I was going to make one for myself.

What was your first post?

My first post was an introductory post - its about four lines long! I laugh when I read it back now but I will never delete it.

Are you a spender or saver?

 I don't think I am either really. I never ever splurge unless it is for someone elses birthday gifts, I love bargain hunting though and spend my money on saft things I will never use.

What type of post do you enjoy writing or recording?

I love sharing what I've been buying or doing reviews of new beauty products. I also enjoy doing tags as they're more personal and readers can get to know me better.

I really like writing about monthly empties/favourite products of the month, I am not sure why but I like to share my thoughts and how I found the product! I like writing about a lot of beauty and bargain hunting type things, I am useless at NOTD posts and that sort of thing 'cause I am simply rubbish at any form of nail art so I just could never write about something I have little knowledge/interest in.

Do your friends and family know about your blog/channel?

My family know I have a blog, my boyfriend does too and constantly moans I write about boring beauty stuff and I should start writing about gaming (Uh No) ha ha. None of my friends know though, not sure why but I just haven't yet told anyone about it.

What Clothing Item do you wear way too much?

I wear leggings every day, so yeah that'd be it! I love wearing leggings as they are so comfortable ... although, as I am overweight, and constantly wear leggings, I never realise how much weight I put on as they stretch with me! Ha ha.

Are you more likely to buy a bag or a pair of shoes?

Thats a difficult one. Because I am not that interested in either really! I love having a nice handbag (or my suitcase as my other half refers to them) but I don't lust after handbags and I am the same with shoes! I am more of a jewellery kind of girl.

Are the outfits that you post really what you wear in out?

Off course, I don't do many outfit posts but I do genuinely go out and wear them cause other wise what is the point? I will honestly tell you that I live in my pyjamas at home so any effort for getting dressed is only made when I actually go out ha ha.

Who or What inspired you to start a blog or channel?

A few years ago I read an article in Cosmopolitan about blogging and it really intrigued me so I hit up google and found the whole beauty and fashion blogging community online. I started following a handful of blogs but kind of forgot about it as I had just started University. In 2010 my sister introduced me to the world of vlogging and 'beauty gurus' on youtube and I found it really interesting and got addicted! I started finding more blogs through youtube and began following and engaging in the blogs again. In December 2011 I decided I wanted to make my own blog and that I did!

What's your style mantra? (in other words, what does style mean to you. I think....)

I am a no hope when it comes to style... I don't know how to put outfits together and am envious of those who can! I just think your own style comes from within and you should embrace the way YOU want to look :) as long as you feel comfortable, happy and confident in what you wear who cares if it is in this season or if it is stylish or not.

What is the most rewarding thing about blogging?

Off course it is being able to communicate with like minded people! Other than my sister no-one really gets how crazy I get over beauty products so it is a great outlet to be able to speak to those who love the same things I do, and it is so rewarding that there are people actually interested in reading what you write and speaking to you, commenting on your posts, following your blog and even communicating with you on other social media websites. It is rewarding that I have people that read my posts I find it so heart-warming! Being part of the blogging community is very rewarding, and I have even had the opportunity to meet up with fellow bloggers, and have even made some friends too!

What is the most discouraging thing that happens to you?

To be honest I cant think of anything for this. I have never been or will be in blogging for numbers (amount of followers, amount of PR companys contacting me etc) I do it because I like doing it. It is an added bonus that there are some amazing people that read what I write too!

Whats your lasting motivation or inspiration?

I think its pretty simple really, other blogs and bloggers are my complete inspiration when writing posts. My lasting motivation is my interest in what I am writing about! I think that is important, you have got to be really interested in what you are writing to stay motivated and I think as long as you keep your content to things you enjoy writing about, you will be fine!




Hopefully that gave ou an insight into what I am like and why I blog! If you blog, what is our favourite thing about blogging? If ou read blogs, what is your favourite thing to read about?

No comments:

Post a Comment