Monday 11 January 2016

2015 Make Up Favourites


I haven't written a favourite's post in a while, so as we have just seen in the New Year I couldn't think of anything more fitting than writing my round up of all of my favourite beauty products from the last Year. I scuttled around the house collecting all my favourites; and I managed to choose one eye shadow product, one mascara, one base product and two lip products. 

First up we have my most reached for eye shadow palette, which is the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I use this palette most days. I find it perfect for just an every day look but also a great palette to have as you can create so many different looks with it. The mascara I have enjoyed using the most has been the Clinique High Impact Mascara. This gives good length and thickens the lashes, without looking clumpy. I am quite fussy when it comes to mascara but this is a great every day mascara. I couldn't decide on just one lip product so I had to include two; the first being Soap and Glory's A Great Kisser Lip Balm. I'm not sure if S&G still stock this, as I haven't been able to find it, so I am guessing not. This is a really nice lip balm which gives a little shimmer to the lips, keeps them coated and smells of peaches. I use this on top of matte lipsticks to give a more glossy look. I have a back up tin of this, I am so glad as it doesn't look like I will be able to buy it again! Anyone that has known me for a while knows I have always been a big fan of Cheryl's makeup looks. I bought the L'oreal Paris Color Riche Collection Exclusive Nudes in Cheryl's Nude in hope that I could recreate her lovely nude lip; unfortunately I did not transform into Cheryl overnight (!) but this lipstick is a beautiful nude and one I have reached for the most this Year.
I tried the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation for the first time this Year, and I really love it. After being a huge fan of Rimmels Match Perfection foundation for as long as I can remember, it is great to see they stock another good foundation which is a good match for my skin tone and gives a good medium coverage. 

What are you favourite beauty products from 2015? Any recommendations to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment