Sunday 6 September 2015

Battle of the Palettes: Naked 2 and In The Buff



           W7 in the Buff                                                   Urban Decay Naked 2


I love a beauty dupe, who wants to spend a fortune for an item when you can have something similar for a fraction of the price? I heard that the w7 In The Buff Eye Shadow Palette was said to be a very similar dupe to the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. You can see from my photographs that they are extremely similar in the design of the palette, and the selection of shades they both have. With the w7 palette costing around £4.99-£9.99 (depending on retailer) and the Naked 2 palette a sky-high £38, I wanted to see how much difference the shadows had in quality, colour pay - off, and how long they last. 

I think the Urban Decay Naked 2 shadows are much more shimmery and feel creamy and are very pigmented. The W7 in the Buff shadows are similar in colour to the Urban Decay shadows, but apply much more matte than they appear to be. They aren't quite as creamy or easy to apply as they aren't as pigmented as the Urban Decay shadows. The darker colours in the w7 palette are pigmented but the lighter colours you really have to work at to get any colour pay off from them.  Similarly to the w7 shadows, Urban Decays shadows; particularly the darker shades are very pigmented. In fact, all of the Naked 2 shadows are highly pigmented apart from the lightest shade; Foxy. The w7 palette has some gorgeous shades. I think the shadows blend well together and they last a few hours before fading but I have to be honest and this time, the more expensive product does work better for me, as the Naked 2 palette shadows last around 7 hours.

I think the shadows are similar in colour and design, but I do think the Urban Decay palette has better quality shadows as the W7 palette shadows do not match the quality. I do think the W7 shadows are great and just need a lot more persistence - I would recommend them still for a budget friendly alternative, but Urban Decay wins this battle for me.

3 comments:

  1. I'd quite like to give the W7 palette that's a dupe for Naked 1 so I can do a little comparison however I can't imagine anything ever being as good as them!

    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the Urban Decay palettes but for the money, trying a dupe and it just being slightly more effort to put on would be worth it for me as a student! Great comparison :) x
    www.beckieione.com

    ReplyDelete