Saturday 13 December 2014

Clothes Show Live 2014










Last weekend saw me attend The Clothes Show Live 2014, which was held at the NEC in Birmingham. I have been a few times before and I have always really enjoyed going along and watching the show; it is always a fantastic show they put on and this Year was no different. The show took place in the Alcatel Onetouch Fashion Theatre and it really was such an amazing display they put on. Not only did the models look amazing, they were also amazing choreographers and put on a fantastic show. The music and the set up were both perfect matches to the show and to the clothes. Oh, and the clothes! The gorgeous models showcased an array of different clothing items and accessories which were beautiful, I definitely have a lust list full of a lot of the clothes I saw showcased on the catwalk.The show itself was inspired by New York, and I feel that the clothes, settings, backdrops, choreography and music really went well together and suited the theme. The show lasted around 50 minutes and really was a pleasure to watch. Before the show, Rick Edwards and Jim Chapman presented and we also saw X Factor's boy band 'Stereo Kicks' perform a cover song, as well as Amy Child's sharing with us her new clothing collection which was available to buy on the day.

Of-course, as-well as watching the fashion show, the event saw a huge amount of exhibitors in the hall ranging from fashion, clothing, vintage, jewellery, beauty, tanning, hair, cosmetics, candles, lifestyle, accessories and much more. Brands I loved seeing at The Clothes Show were Elemis, W7, Rimmel, Lee Stafford, Flamingo Candles, Elsie and Fred and Silly Old Sea Dog. Both me and my friend Clare had a good browse around the hall a fair few times during the day and we saw a lot of lovely things. A lot of the beauty brands were offering their goody bags for set amounts of price, but we both passed on them as we both admitted we have way too much make-up at the moment that we don't use that often so we didn't want to add to it! I did pick up a Lee Stafford goody bag though, which cost £15 and was full to brim of full sized hair products. I also picked up the Cosmopolitan Magazine which came with some samples. I always grab Cosmo while at the Clothes Show as I usually pick it up anyway with my weekly shop.

I had a great time at The Clothes Show and was so impressed with the fashion show. I really recommend going to The Clothes Show next year if you are big on fashion and love to watch the show, or even if you just fancy a good bargain and get yourself some fashion and beauty must-haves. 

*I was given a press pass to attend the event for the day.Thank you Clothes Show Live for providing me with the pass!*

No comments:

Post a Comment