Tuesday 1 April 2014

Review: Yankee Candle Simply Home in Vanilla Frosting


                         Yankee Candle Simply Home in Vanilla Frosting  
          


I have tried a few of Yankee Candles 'Simply Home' range and I am quite impressed. Being a big lover of candles, I often get drawn into shops just to swoon over pretty scented candles. I decided to try the 'Vanilla Frosting' large jar candle, as it was on special offer in my local Asda Supermarket.
Vanilla Frosting smells very sweet but not too overpowering. I personally don't think the Simply Home Range of candles are as strongly scented as the normal Yankee Candles /(I think that is the point really) which I really like. I love sweet scents but they can sometimes become unbearable if it such a strong scent in a small space. I burn the majority of my candles in my bedroom so I find the Simply Home candles perfect.
The scent smells like butter-cream and sugar, it is super sweet. The candle burns quite equally which is something I like in a candle, as I hate waste.
Are you crazy over burning candles?

7 comments:

  1. I bought this candle from asda aswell a really great deal and reminded me so much of vanilla cupcake which is my favourite yankee candle sent. The only cons i found to these candles where they don't burn very well in a normalish/cold room but still they are lovely! i also have cherry vanilla or is it vanilla cherry? super nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree with you, they aren't as good as the Yankee Candle Originals! Sounds lovely :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post, I enjoyed reading about this range because I've never tried it before. Although this sounds nice I like candles with a strong scent so I think I will stick to the classic Yankee Range but it's good to know there are other options too.

    Kimberley // Kimberley's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) its worth a try but I would suggest buying a small sample size rather than a jar first as they aren't as strong as the Original candles :) x

      Delete
  3. I can't seem to get enough of Yankee Candles either, the vanilla frosting is one of my favorites, I'm going to keep a lookout when I take my next trip to Asda, they always have good offers on the candles.

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love the deals you can get in ASDA, their own candles smell really lovely too! xxx

      Delete
  4. Ah this looks lush!
    I bet it smells amazing x

    ReplyDelete