Sunday 7 October 2012

Guest Post: Confidence

Hello lovelies! Today I bring you another brilliant guest post written by the gorgeous Bethan from All About Bethan. She writes here about great ways to encourage confidence! I think confidence is something a lot of us girls struggle with, read more to find some great ways to boost yours!



"What makes someone naturally beautiful?" This was the question that I had going around in my head after I decided to write a guest post for Zoe... I sat at work thinking about women who to me are just naturally beautiful, (Zooey Deschanel, Cameron Diaz, Mia Kunis...) and I realised one thing that they had in common- confidence. Lots and lots of confidence.  Especially the Jess character in New Girl, she is so quirky and I have such a girl crush on her. So I decided that I wanted to write about ways that we can become more confident about ourselves and this will then make us all feel more naturally beautiful. Afterall, everyone looks better with a big grin on their face!
When you are confident and happy, other people will soak this up from you... This is why blokes who aren't necessarilly the most handsome can be so attractive, let's take James Corden as an example. His cheeky grin and confident manner really make him someone I could fancy, even though I don't exactly think his body is as good as other men in the spotlight at the moment (lets all just take a moment to think about Channing Tatum...)
So here are my top 5 tips for getting your confidence up, and creating a more beautiful person all round :-)
Find what works for you, and use this to your advantage...
One surefire way of feeling confident is to be happy with how you look. I know we all have our hangups, I'm sure even the most amazingly stunning models do too, but that's life. So find something that you do like about yourself, and focus on that :-) I'm not keen on my hips and bum, but I know that I have a small waist, so I always try to wear something that shows off my waist and flatters my hips. Thank God for skater dresses, that's all I can say!  So if you are constantly worrying about your chunky thighs, or your big nose? Well look past it, find something to love instead, and then everyone else will love that too!
Be unique. If you have something different about you, show it off...
Who wants to be the same as everyone else? Noone. Who wants to stand out and be interesting? We all do! If you play an instrument, let people know that you are proud of it. If you can speak another language, let people know.  Whatever it is, embrace it, don't hide it away.  If you don't like your quirky features, how can you expect anyone else to as well? And you never know, you admitting to something may encourage other people to admit they do something similar!

If you don't feel it, fake it...
When I'm feeling ill, I'm a great believer in putting on appearances.  If I don't feel 100% I will stand up taller, put on a smile, and face the world.  It is only with my closest friends that I will allow the fact that I feel poorly to show.  This can be used in making yourself more confident and beautiful too. Imagine you are heading out with your girlfriends on a night out, but you don't feel as amazing as them for whatever reason (we all have a girlfriend who would look good in a binliner dont we) then hold your head up high, smile, walk taller, and think to yourself "i look great" -other people will think so too! :)

Don't try to please other people...
I loved reading this post (here at scaredtoast). Wear your makeup, or the clothes you choose, because that's what you enjoy wearing and because that's what makes you feel good.  Just because someone else thinks one thing, doesn't mean you have to as well.

Admit to, and learn from, your mistakes...
So something didn't work? You can either mope about it, get annoyed, or be stubborn and keep going... Or you could admit that you made a mistake, and move on. Not only will other people admire you more for being able to say "i was wrong", but you will be more confident in the future about your decisions.  This is a tough one, afterall noone wants to admit to being a failure, but actually it's not so hard and people will love you all the more for it.

So basically what I am trying to say is that when you add all these things together, have a bit of self belief, and play to your strengths, you will be a lot more of a happy confident person, and other people will see this too :-)



Thanks so much Bethan for writing this beautiful piece for me! You hit the nail on the head!
Do check out her blog, it is a brilliant read and she is a completely lovely girl who deserves much more recognition for what she does! I adore her blog and definitely believe you should go and subscribe to it now! :-)

If you are interested in writing a guest post for me around the topic of confidence, self - belief and true beauty like Bethan did, do not hesitate to contact me :-)
xxx

4 comments:

  1. awh thank you so much for your kind words, i am glad you liked what i wrote :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent tips! I think all women, regardless of where they are at in their lives, struggle with confidence at some point. Your tips are right on point and I think it helps to make women realize how they can unleash their true beauty with confidence.

    You have such a great site. If you can swing by my blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other? :) Would love to read more of your fantastic posts here, Zoe.

    www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely agree with everything you said :)
      yes definitely will do :) x

      Delete