Thursday 16 October 2014

Grand Designs Live






Last Week I had a really exciting email asking if I would like to attend Grand Designs Live! I of-course said yes, I love the show and absolutely love home decor so I couldn't wait to go along. 
Knowing that there would be over 500 exhibitions at the event ranging from technology to decor got me quite excited. 

Grand Designs Live took place in the NEC, Birmingham, over four days. It was split into six sections: interiors, gardens, kitchens, bathrooms, technology and build. There was pretty much a stall for everything you could think of; windows, heating, art, furniture, homeware, food, technology, body care, heath and fitness, building - if you are in the trade or are refurbishing your own home, Grand Designs Live is a great place to visit.
I was really interested in browsing some of the exhibitions. There were a lot that appealed to me - definitely something completely different to what I expected. I really enjoyed the talks - I have now decided I want an iKettle - an eyewatering £11 for a kettle but how convenient you can boil your kettle from anywhere in the house at the touch of a button - well, from your iPhone!


The tickets I received were kindly donated by British Gas. British Gas had a stand at the event this year, where they were promoting Smart Energy, in particular smart meters in the home. The British Gas team were at hand with expert advice and helpful tips of how to be in control of your energy. I had a little chat with some of the team, who gave great tips and advice. British Gas offer insulation to homes which need it. You can read more about that here.


*I was kindly gifted to tickets for this event to share my views on my blog. All opinions are 100 %  honest and my own. You can view my full disclaimer policy on the contact tab above*

1 comment:

  1. gutted i didnt get to go as i was away. glad you had fun x

    ReplyDelete