Thursday 31 May 2012

Bargain of the week: Pepsi Lip Balms

Now, pottering around Home Bargains early morning before work today, with my fellow bargain -loving friend (She will happily rummage through junk in 'cheap' shops with me to find a good bargain - a trait which is hard to find in a friend) I picked up my usual bottle of pop and mints, then helped my friend pick out some baskets she liked. At the till, I noticed on the side there were loads of little tiny lip balms shaped in the size of tiny cans! So cute! There were hundreds (OK, not literally hundreds, but there were a lot) of Mountain Dew ones, and I spotted only one of each of the Pepsi lip balms I picked out, which were Wild Cherry and Vanilla. 

They looked really cute and intriguing, and I thought, for 49 pence (yes, only a mere 49p for a cute lip balm!) I'll give it a wizz. 
I didn't buy the Moutain Dew lip balm because quite frankly, I hate the stuff. I'm sure the lip balm would be lovely, but even the site of the logo gives me flashbacks of drinking the (in my opinion) vile drink. 

So, here are the photos of the cute little lip balms.








They are typical lip balms, you take off the 'lid' of the 'can' (I've found the paper around the top lid isn't very secure on the 'can' but not really anything to moan about for 49p!), and then twist the bottom of the 'can' to increase or decrease the amount of balm. 


The balms themselves are quite nice. Nothing to write home about, but they are generally lovely little lip balms, which are slightly scented. They smell and tatse a little like cola bottle sweets, and , off course, the cherry balm smells slightly of cherries, the same with the vanilla balm.


I'm quite impressed with these little bargains, so definitely have a look out for these beauties if you are lip balm hoarder lover like me! :) 

Zoe xxx

11 comments:

  1. they are the cutest things I have ever seen! I wish we had them here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god these are awesome! I really want one now lol. Oh gosh, I was addicted (yes, addicted!) to mountain dew for a little while earlier in the year. I was always so hyper, so stopped drinking it. I had another bottle not to long ago and honestly felt sick! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww lol definitely have a look if you have a Home bargains near you, although they were hidden away at the till!
      Oh nooo its vile isn't it!! xx

      Delete
  3. They are so cute! I would buy them purely for the packaging! I've just got back off holiday and they were selling something similar onboard duty free, like a set of lipbalms from coca cola, fanta, sprite etc. haha x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they're adorable aren't they!
      Aww thats so cute :D xx

      Delete
  4. I love this lip balms! Are so cute. No more need for pepsi :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh they are so cool! Gotta love Home Bargains for sure :) xxx

    ReplyDelete